Monday, December 18, 2006

FNB need to go back to CRM school


There have been a couple of contenders for my "schmuck of the day" award but today's goes to First National Bank. For a giggle I thought rather than face a trek over to one of their branches i'd try out there option to email a question about my account. I have to admit I had few illusions of a coherent response. This is what happened: today they finally get back to me (I sent the request early last week) with this:


"Dear Daniel
Thank you for sending your email to FNB. I do apologise for the delay in responding to your request. Your query was sent to First Online in error and they are experiencing a hugh a backlog.
Please contact your FNB branch and a consultant will be able to assist you."

Hugh's backlog aside what's the frickin point of online assistance if its going to direct you to a branch..?

Someone is missing the point of this whole internet thingie over at FNB towers... are they head hunting Home Affairs staff or sumthin. Schmucks!

Merry xmas.

No comments: